Millibo offers BIG adventures for curious minds all summer long!
CAMPS FOR Grades 3 to 5
Mon to Fri / 9:15am to 3:15pm / $275 / June 7 – 11
We’ve dedicated the entire week to out-of-this-world explorations in the Star Wars universe. Spend your week learning the ways of Jedi and fulfill your destiny as you master the skills of “The Force”. Discover the untold stories of lost galaxies, create your own spaceship, map your own planet and uncover the stage techniques of the light saber.
Grades 1 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 12:30 to 3pm/ $125 / June 14 to 18
This job is too dangerous for regular live actors and so “Send in the Puppets!” We will create and build fantastic characters and bring them to life using shadows, sticks, masks, and fabric. Our mission is to “engineer” and learn to manipulate one giant monster puppet – the Muppets should be so lucky
Grades 3 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 1:00 to 4pm / $150
Unlock the hidden secrets of the Pharoahs! Build pyramids, dress like mummies, walk like an Egyptian, create edible sand, fashion an animal mask for the After World and write in Hieroglyphics! Painting, drawing and mixed media artwork will be created to decorate our ancient Sarcophagus but beware of the Mummy’s Curse.
Grades 1 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 12:30 to 3pm/ $125
The ocean is coming to the mountains and we need your imagination and building skills to make the most incredible coral reef completely out of recycled materials. Glow in the dark fish, scavenging sharks, fearless divers, and sunken treasures are all part of this fascinating seascape and you don’t even have to get wet. Duct tape and cardboard make everything possible.
Grades 3 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 9:15am to 3:15pm / $275
Hogwarts’ most esteemed professors require your assistance! Enter Millibo’s secret Floo network and be transported to the Wizarding World. You’ll enjoy a fun-filled week unraveling the hidden mysteries of Hogwarts past and future. We’ll brew up powerful potions, solve impossible riddles, encounter incredible creatures, and master techniques to defend us from the monsters in the shadows. All professors, prefects, and magical creatures have been vetted. Note: Mugggles reading this will have their memories wiped immediately.
Grades 4 – 8 ~ Mon to Fri / 1:00 to 4pm / $275 (two weeks)
Explore the skills you need to be a circus star – Acrobatics, Juggling, Aerial Silks, Teeter Board, Rolla Bolla, Diabolo, Tight Rope, Unicycling, Clowning, and more! Camp is directed by circus professionals who have the experience and training to teach all of the skills and techniques required to safely perform each of the activities. Campers get hands-on experience with all apparatus and present their skills in a final class presentation on Friday, July 23 @ 3:30
Grades 3 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 9:15 to 12:15 / $150
Sure, anybody can put on a costume and mask and fly through the air on a spider web but can they sing about it or dance a little jig while saving the world. Your answer could be yes as we create an original musical starring our favorite cast of Marvel characters. Extra bonus: Villians sing and dance too.
Grades 3 to 5 ~ Mon to Fri / 9:15 to 12:15 / $150
Create a time machine that takes you to a different play at a different time in history every day. How would you create a Neanderthal Comedy, a Medieval Adventure, a Western Melodrama, a 1930’s Detective Stories, or a Science Fiction Cliff Hanger? Pack your bags of Imagination for this time-traveling trip.
REGISTRATION: 719 465 6321
MILLIBO'S TEACHING APPROACH
At the Millibo Art Theatre, we foster learning environments and experiences that feature trusting and collaborative relationships, a creative and meaningful curriculum and supportive, professional instruction that ignites imaginations, flexes problem-solving abilities, grows language and physical dexterity, and encourages children to innovate, create and dream!
Whether your child’s school was fully remote or hybrid this semester, chances are they spent extensive amounts of time in front of a screen. If, like many parents, you are working from home, you may be relying more heavily on television and video games to keep your kids entertained. Let us help!
Creative play is critical for the physical, emotional, and mental health of children. For almost twenty years the Millibo has offered programming that inspires youth to grow as artists and innovators and we are poised to support your child’s learning and social health during these difficult times. Our experiences running summer camps and afterschool and weekend workshops this Fall, confirm our belief in the importance of creative engagements for kids, and our ability to provide safe environments where this can happen.
SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE
The safety and health of your child(ren) remains our priority, and as Coronavirus guidance continues to evolve, we will follow all guidelines and updates provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Colorado Department for Public Health and Environment for Child Care.Daily screening and temperature check of all students, staff and teachers
- Required hand-sanitization upon arrival, before eating, and at regular intervals
- Mandatory masks or face coverings
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet
- Class size limited to 10 students
- Limited building access – only students, teachers and staff will have building access.
- Staggered drop-off and pickup times to avoid large groups and allow for screening
- Ensure sufficient cleaning and disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces and equipment
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICIES
- If you CANCEL AT LEAST TWO WEEKS before camp begins, we will refund tuition less the registration fee – $25 per half-day camps, $50 for full-day camps.
- If you CANCEL LESS THAN TWO WEEKS before camp begins, we will credit your account for the tuition paid less the late cancellation fee – $50 for half day camps and $75 for full-day camps. Credit may be applied to another future camp or tickets.
- Cancellation due to COVID-19 – If your student or close family contact tests positive for COVID-19 prior to the start of camp you will receive a full refund less the registration fee. In this case, documentation signed by a physician must be provided.
- Cancellation without Prior Notice – If we do not receive prior cancellation notice and you do not attend the first day of class, no refund or credit will be given.
- Cancellation by Millibo – We reserve the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment. Any tuition paid will be refunded IN FULL, including the registration fee.