Aesop A BeBop AUDITIONS
Monday, January 21 – 6pm – 9pm
The Millibo Art Theatre is creating an original performance based on the fables of Aesop. The show is geared to children ages 4 to 11. Three actors will work with director Birgitta De Pree to develop this exciting, high-energy adventure of physical comedy, song, and inventive storytelling. Actors will play multiple roles and the script will be created through improv, play and experimentation.
AUDITIONS – Monday, January 21 – 6pm to 9pm
Please sign up for a 45 minute slot – wear comfortable clothing and come ready for some creative play.
REHEARSAL SCHEDULES – 2.5 weeks – February 9 – 28 –
March 1 @ 7:30,
March 2 @ 11am & 2pm,
March 3 @ 1pm & 3pm
March 8 @ 7:30
March 9 @ 11am & 2pm
March 10 @ 1pm & 3pm
SCHOOL SHOWS: Actors will have the opportunity to extend the run through some day-time school shows at the Millibo and possibly in Denver. Depends on schedule availability.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3 actors who like to play – actors, dancers, singers, etc…
- We’re interested in creating a world onstage that reflects the nuances and vitality of the world we live in today. Actors of all ages, genders, races, religions, and abilities welcome!
- Interested actors should sign up for an audition slot where they will play and explore with the director and fellow auditionees.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- A chance to create an original show at the Millibo with veteran actress Birgitta De Pree
- A two weekend run of performances and an opportunity to extend the run with school shows
- Successful applicants will receive a stipend of $600 for the two weekend run March 1 – 10 plus an additional stipend for each school show
- 4 comp tickets to the show for friends and family
Please make your audition reservation here:AUDITION SIGN UP
Where: Millibo Art Theatre, 1616 South Tejon Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
When: Monday January 21 – 6:00pm to 9pm
What: Please come ready to play and create in a group setting. We’ll be improvising, telling stories and creating together.
email email@example.com or call 719.465.6321