WTF Women’s Theatre Festival – CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Deadline for entries: February 1, 2019
The Millibo Art Theatre is seeking submissions of short plays, monologues and performance art by female playwrights currently residing in Colorado. (If you are attending a college in this area, it counts!) This year’s theme – “Travelers – those who go from here to there, literally, figuratively or metaphorically.
Recognized nationally as a company that demonstrates “the quality, diversity, and dynamism of American theatre,” the Millibo creates original, professional theater that challenges, inspires and entertains. The mission of the WTF is to support the many talented women creating theatre and performance art throughout Colorado by giving them a platform for their voices, their truths and their stories.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- We’re interested in fresh takes on the theme:
- Works should be between 2 to 20 minutes in duration
- Comedies, tragedies, dramas, monologues and poems welcome
- One submission per writer please
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Selected plays and monologues will receive a full production and two-week run as part of Millibo Art Theatre’s 2023 “WTF” – Women’s Theatre Festival.
- Successful applicants will receive a small stipend for their work and 4 complimentary tickets to attend the festival.
- Submissions accepted by e-mail only. NO FEE.
- Legibly typed in 12-point font in standard play script format with 1′′ margins
- Page 1: cover page with play title only
- Page 2: brief synopsis of play (200-word maximum) and cast list that includes each character’s name, age, and brief description
- Page 3: Your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address
- Subject line – WTF Submission + title of your play (For example: WTF Submission – “My Amazing Play”)
- File Name should include the title of your play (For example: My Great Play.pdf)
- All files should be sent as pdf to email@example.com
- Deadlines for submissions is February 1, 2019
- Selections will be chosen and playwrights contacted no later than February 15th, 2019